Thursday, February 24, 2011

Trapped


By Michael Northrop
  The day the blizzard started, no one knew that it was going to keep snowing for a week. That for those in its path, it would become not just a matter of keeping warm, but of staying alive....
Scotty and his friends Pete and Jason are among the last seven kids at their high school waiting to get picked up that day, and they soon realize that no one is coming for them. Still, it doesn't seem so bad to spend the night at school, especially when distractingly hot Krista and Julie are sleeping just down the hall. But then the power goes out, then the heat. The pipes freeze, and the roof shudders. As the days add up, the snow piles higher, and the empty halls grow colder and darker, the mounting pressure forces a devastating decision....

    I was told by my teen librarian not to read this book, but after she told me what it was about, and how good it was, and that she couldn't put it down, how could I not?

    I loved it.
    The suspense was good, and the characters seemed so real. I was able to sympathize with their situation, and it really made me think what I would do if I was in a similar crisis.
    It's a hard book to put down, so it's good that it's a relative quick read.
   
I would highly recommend this book to almost everyone. It's sad, and you can feel the desperation that these kids are experiencing.
It's a compelling read that is definitely worth pulling off the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment