Thursday, September 23, 2010

reading frogs and singing butterflies

This is my book blog.
Welcome.

Things that will be featured on this blog are: book reviews, book lists, what's in my library bag and more exciting things not yet formulated by my brain.

I'm a teenage girl who loves to read.

It really bothers me when other teenagers say they don't read. I always wonder, why not?
Are they afraid they'll like it?
Are they afraid they'll learn something about themselves or about the world that would never have know other wise?

Reading is an escape for me. But more than that, it's a world where I'm free to be anything I want to be. Reading is a place where I can explore without getting hurt, and create with out being wrong.

Most of the books I will feature here will be YA, seeing as I'm a teen and those are the books that seem to best suite where I am at this point.
You may see a few children's and/or adults books pop up hear and there. But they will most likely be books that I've enjoyed, as a teenager, and that I want to share with others my age.


My interests vary as much as my taste in books.
I'm very involved with local community theatre. I love to contribute anyway I can, on stage and off.
I've been in many musicals, as well as several Shakespearean plays.
I'm singing in 3 choirs this year, including a local glee club (yes it is based off the wildly popular TV show, but we do have our own style and personal flare as well).
I take private voice, flute and piano lessons.
I also like to dabble in anything creative.

I've tried everything from needle felting to quilting, from beading to painting, from knitting to sock monkeys.
I guess you could say I try to keep myself well rounded.
You may see a few crafty things feature on this blog as well.
We'll keep the possibilities as flexible as possible.

I'm homeschooled.
Always have been.
That's a pretty big part of my life. It's really shaped who I've become, and still becoming.
I'm currently taking one course on-line. For the rest I'm just gathering information from the world around me, and creating my own education.

I hope if you find this blog on the wonderful, yet frighteningly large, world of the Internet, you stick around to see what all I have to say, and what I'll be saying it about.

Happy Readin'

No comments:

Post a Comment