Saturday, December 11, 2010

absent

I haven't written on this blog for quite a while.

I have excuses.

Nanowrimo being the bigest.
I wrote 50,000 words.
Somehow I did it. I'm still not sure how.

I managed to crank out enough words in time, in the midst of all my extra things.
He's a point form list of what my November looked like:

  • 6 public performances of a local youth theatre's Romeo and Juliet(I was neither Romeo, or Juliet, but I would like to think that I pulled off a pretty decent Sampson and that I bit my thumb with as much gusto as humanly possible).
  • 3 toured perforamnces at various schools around the area.
  • Sang in 2 choirs.
  • Performed and rehearsed with a local glee club.
  • Read and sang in a staged reading of an original play, written by a local playright/actor.
  • Practiced for my flute, piano and voice lessons.
  • Tried to keep up with my on-line math course.
  • And of course, trying to survive a house full of younger siblings.
All in all... I wasn't that busy at all, what was I talking about.

I never had a plot line, or anything for my story, so each word and plot twist was an adventure, and I had no idea what was going to happen next.
Personally I think that's the best part of nanowrimo.
Besides, pre-planning is cheating.
But that's just me.

I didn't have much of a chance to read over the month, so I don't have too much to review right now.
But hopefully I'll get a few reviews up soon.

I'm currently reading The Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.
Can I just say that I am LOVING it.

No comments:

Post a Comment