Wednesday, May 11, 2011

John Green

I've recently discovered the wonder that is the vlogbrothers which has led me to the wonder that is the author John Green.

I read Looking For Alaska in the past month, and then An Abundance of Katherines not long after that.
Both of them were great!



           

I must not be as insightful as I would like to think.
Let's just say there was an awful lot of foreshadowing in Looking For Alaska that I did not pick up on until I felt it punch me in the gut.
It was a beautiful story.
I loved it.

An Abundance of Katherine is everything I'd want from a fun, romantic, nerdy read.
I loved the tone of the narration, the characters were fresh and entertaining, and the clever footnotes kept me engaged the entire time.

               
              

Right now I'm currently reading Will Grayson Will Grayson, John Green's collaboration with David Levithan, and I have Paper Towns on the hold shelf right now.

I can't believe I hadn't found these golden literary gems before!

No comments:

Post a Comment